How it Works
The Power of 100 is an idea borrowed from other similar organizations that have sprung up across the nation. Members are eligible to nominate Charitable Organizations that benefit Minnesota. At each quarterly meeting, three charities are randomly selected, and the nominating member makes a 5-minute presentation. One charity is chosen by member vote and each member donates $100 to the selected charity. Each meeting has the potential to generate $10,000 for a local charity!
Membership Obligations and Rights
- Meetings are an hour or less and will be held four times a year.
- Each member, or member team, commits to donating $100 per meeting ($400 annually).
- If you are unable to commit to $400 per year, you can find a friend and join as a team. Teams of 2-4 women may share a commitment together. Each team has only one vote per meeting.
- If you are under age 30, you may join as an Associate Member. Associate Members commit to donating $30 per meeting ($120 annually).
- Active members/teams are eligible to nominate a charity. To be considered for selection, the nominations must be submitted 15 days prior to the meeting.
- At each meeting, members vote to select a charity. Only members who are current in their contributions are eligible to vote.
- Members bring a blank check that is written out directly to the selected charity. If a member is unable to attend a meeting they may give their signed, blank check to another member to deliver on their behalf.
- Members not attending the meeting are notified via email and should mail their check within 3 days of the meeting to:
The Power of 100
5621 Park Place Drive
Shoreview, MN 55126